Thursday, January 17, 2013

How to Soundtrack

I have had this fantasy for years now. I wish my life could be soundtracked at all moments.  I don't mean listening to your iPod as you go about your day.  I'm talking having your feelings and emotions poured out through song, out loud, for all to hear.  Music makes you happy....sad...excited... Music dictates our emotions and speaks to us in ways we can't explain.  A day without music is not worth living at all.  

I need to give everyone a little bit of a warning.  NOTICE: I will NOT speak of any music that is popular on the radio.  This includes Katy Perry and Justin Bieber style "artists".  The only exception to this rule is if the song is remixed or any other "after-market modifications" have been made to the original track.  It's not that I don't find myself tapping my toe to a song on the radio (rarely does this happen), but I like my music to be unique and personalized to my mood.  There are so many artists and genres to pick from.  Why would I want someone to do it for me?


So if you'll have me, I'd love to suggest music for your listening pleasure.  Hopefully I will be able to give you insight on my life and how music has helped me cope, grow, and learn.  


This year has been a very difficult one for me.  I moved away from my college town that I have been in for the past 4.5 years, said goodbye to some very special people, and now I am on the search for a job.  To cope with the anxieties of moving and transitioning, I have a few songs to recommend.  These songs are slow and "trancy", good for taking your mind off of things.  







Enjoy & Stay Tuned!


-DJ Miss 307

No comments:

Post a Comment